Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Let the planning and plotting begin!

We have begun! Plans are at last underway for a 2014 Camino.  Discussion is underway as to the exact route we'll take this time around.

Again it is a "we" trip.  There are currently 3 guys joining me including my ever reluctant spouse.  It'll be interesting to see how he fares on this journey.  God knows I'll be checking his backpack way WAY more carefully this time. No more discovering as the rain begins to pour down on us that he'd hadn't bothered to pack the poncho I'd gotten him.  Or his own toothpaste, shampoo, soap.  Nope, ain't gonna be a pack mule this time around!  I killed the pack mule on the Camino Portuguese!! However, I may opt for duct tape.  Great for so many repairs to feet and packs and whining!! Just kidding (just don't test me too much!)

We're looking at one of the northern routes.  Dates are still flexible, but if we go for more than 2 weeks (oh yes please!) I'm personally in for the Primitivo.  Or perhaps the Del Norte.  If the guys really want a truncated version of my solo trip, we could do some of the latter end of the Frances.  But with so much unexplored territory I'd much much rather opt for new terrain.

So now....off to begin getting the feet and the body ready!! That means calling the damn foot doctor!! Sigh.  Old feet, old injuries and old age are conspiring to make me work for what I want.  But work I will.


4 comments:

  1. That's terrific, Karin. I'm extremely envious. I had planned to do a camino last year and then again this year, but the sale of our house and a move to another state has take all of my free time. Who knows? Perhaps I will be on one of the caminos is 2014 myself. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George! Trust that when you do get there it will be the right time for you. Each time I'm amazed at the people I meet and what I learn from them. With tales to tell and stories to share that spoke so directly to me at that place in my life. Will keep an eye on all your doings! Moving is stressful and so exciting. Not that I've done it in a while now.

      Delete
  2. Hey Karin. Great to hear you're planning another Camino next year. We look forward to following your adventure. Dayton and Karen

    ReplyDelete