Sunday, February 23, 2014

Beginning again

We began our training again.  I can say we, because this year the plans include walking with mi esposa (?) and one of my bestest buddies, Joe.  These are the two guys I walked with on the Portuguese in '08.  The fourth from our party then seems to have fallen off the map.

Ray is, as always, a bit of a nervous nelly and a tad reluctant about the walk.  Joe is a little anxious too.  Me...nope.  Not that I don't have immense respect for the route we are looking at, the Primitivo, but I have the Frances under my belt.  It seems to be making a real difference in how nervous, or not nervous, I feel.  I know it won't be easy, but I know that it is nothing more than one step after another repeated over and over.

Experience is a wonderful gift.  The gift of getting older. 

5 comments:

  1. Ultreya! Train well and have a good walk, Karin. Think of experience as future engagements with life no less that past ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about the Primitivo (and the del Norte). Can't wait to read about our adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm so excited to read about what transpires on your next pilgrimage! I walked the Camino Frances in 2013 and am considering when to do another one next (Portugues, maybe?).

    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award recognizing up-and-coming bloggers. Hopefully this will encourage you to keep at it and share your experiences!

    Here are the details: http://jenscaminojourney.wordpress.com/2014/05/14/my-blog-has-received-a-liebster-award/

    I look forward to reading more! Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, Thank You!! I was just looking at my blog, thinking about the changes even since this last post and lo and behold!! Muchas Gracias Perigina! I will. Walk. Write. Share !

      Delete