Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Feet

In my continuing efforts to keep my feet as happy as possible, I check out the foot care isle in every grocery and drug store or pharmacy I wander into.  Somethings help and others, while good in theory just don't pan out.

Two items I've happened upon that seem to work for me and my particular peculiar feet are Injinji socks, made to go with those Vibram shoeless shoes.  I've now got three pairs.  One white mid calf, which were the first ones, bought during the winter to wear under wool hiking socks.  Now I've also got a two pairs of ankle high ones in lovely shades.  Lovely shades conducive to hand washing along the Camino.  Gray and a sort of army greenish color!  Truly hideous but totally practical.

The other item (which I mentioned a few days ago) that I've been playing around with is a pair of small silicone inserts.  They are meant to wedge between the toes of folks with hammer toes and bunions and the like.  For me, by pushing the metatarsal bones apart, there is less pressure..therfore less pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment