Thursday, April 14, 2011

Today might be a good day!

A good day to be born!  A few real contractions, a centimeter or two dilated...baby in position, I say let the games begin! My heart is literally pounding..and I'm only the grandmom!  Today really is a glorious sunny warm day, a perfect day to arrive on.  Her Papa still went to work this morning, Mama was/is still fast asleep, enjoying her last solo night!

For me, this also means I can finally actually plan my departure for Spain!  It almost breaks my heart to think of leaving her, but I don't think that will get easier over time.  I can also see shadows of other things on the horizon that could prevent future Caminos, or at least keep them to very short durations.  I can feel potential storm clouds rumbling just beyond the horizon.  Right now there is this window, bright and open.  There is a fresh clean breeze blowing thru it, inviting me outside to "play".  If I don't heed it I feel like I may wind up inside for another long long winter, before another window opens.  It's take something like 12 or more years for this one to happen.

So this morning it's off for a couple of miles, with my phone in my pocket!  Thinking wearing the running shoes might not be a bad idea.  Just in case!

2 comments:

  1. So was the baby born?
    I LOVE your new look!
    It's AWESOME!
    How'd you get that widget?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! I actually saw it on...I think it was Sil's blog. And from there played around with the template info stuff. And...fyi...the kids are on their way to the hospital in a few...Son is on his way home from work....and I lost my phone!! LOL! Ok St. Jude is it..or Anthony...anybody..HELP!! :-)

    ReplyDelete