Friday, April 22, 2011

Taking the Scenic Route

I can breathe now.  She's here!  And if I do say so, she really is beautiful  Probably the prettiest baby I've ever seen ('cept my own!!)  Now I need to find a way to pry my self away from her.  If I hurry...and hurry back, she won't notice.  My other theory is I'll have wonderful tales to tell her too.

There have been moments when I wonder what I have to offer a granddaughter.  Her Mommas side certainly has the girly part down pat.  They're not wimps but they could do a princess proud!  Out shopping recently, the day I found the solid lotion, I also found a small independent book store.  The Bookery had the perfect answer to my dilema.  It's titled,  Do Princesses wear hiking boots? by Carmela LaVigna Coyle.  It was done for her own daughter, Annie.  The title line is the first question in the book, the answer being, "when they take the scenic route."  So, I guess this Omi's job will be showing how to take the scenic route.

Anna my love I promise you hiking boots! Pink if you like.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    (Do they sell hiking boots that small?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they do, they do!! Keen's just like Grandmoms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Congratulations! How did I miss this? Did you post on Facebook?

    I'm so happy for you! YAY!
    You are in for SO MUCH FUN AND LOVE

    ::doing a happy dance:::

    ReplyDelete
  4. A belated congratulations Karin!! My life has been so hectic lately, I've not kept up with reading all my favourite blogs. Glad to catch you before you leave though - enjoy every moment you have with your little princess - as Annie said, you really are in for so much fun and love!

    :)

    ReplyDelete