Wednesday, May 25, 2011

** Belorado Area! **

Can't remember exactly where some of these were take! Ok...this is what comes of relying on memory!!  At my age it begins to fail you...or at least bits and pieces fall away.  Perhaps they aren't the important part...the core, the vital part...I've got that where it will always be with me, in my heart.

What could be better early in the morning...oh, yeah, a cafe con leche...and this!


And he sent them out two by two.

This is why I NEED to go back to Spain.  So much unfinished business!

This was so incredibly cold it almost hurt!  Great way to take down the swelling in hot tired pilgrim feet!

Hmmm, afraid to ask what the heck that is, and then as we round the corner...the smell told us!
Ok, Buff's weren't meant to act as air filtration, but in a pinch, it'll do!

These next few, I'm very sorry to say, I don't remember the name of the church!  The light here was incredible, as was the peace.  Could have sat for hours!

A reminder why I need to get home, a Baptism is awaiting in my future!! Anna!




This climb up and over to San Juan de Ortega, it began so innocently, so green and soft!
Then came the top of the mountain, and the war memorial, and the unrelenting sun.  It was 33 or 34 c that day.
Wind mills working away, and picnic tables in the hot sun.
Other pilgs trying to show they were surviving...... wonder if they made it?
Now this is Pilgrim work, making sure others can find the way.  Or pointing ahead so they can capture OUR water bottles!!  One hot and thirsty day.
Rarely have I been so happy to reach the edge of a town!

No comments:

Post a Comment