Monday, May 23, 2011

** Los Arcos and Torres del Rio **

I wasn't kidding about needing to keep ones eyes open!  The first pic of the blue poppy, was a flower barely the size of a half dollar.  And the only one I saw wild of this color.  We later saw some in a garden of an Alburgue in Boadilla.

No one ever told me they could come in this color!
The hummm of bees was everywhere.
Green velvet!
 
Heading to Villamayor de Monjardin


This is the Fuente de Moros.  Soooo wanted to put my feet in there! But I could almost smell the cafe con leche up ahead! Priorities!

The long and winding road finally lead to Los Arcos!
Standing before so much gold, an incredibly personable padre!  He gave blessings to all the pilgrims at Mass, and had prayers for each of us in our own language!

And this is only a side altar.

Spanish churches leave nothing untouched, this is the underside of an arch...off in a corner no less.


Taken from the gate of the Alburgue before I wandered off to see if my laundry for the day was dry, and then into my bunk bed.
Sansol, where Silvie caught the bus, and to the best of my knowledge, never walked again.  There were around 8 pilgrims waiting for that bus.  Made one appreciate that I only had one tiny blister so far, and could continue on.
Just a vault in the church at Torres del Rio!  I nearly wanted to lay on the floor and look at everything.  Not sure what the reaction woulda been.

So if God is in the details, he is everywhere in Spanish churches. Each of these little grates up in the vaults was different.   As were the capitals on the columns and the corbels etc.  Could have taken at least a half if not a whole day here!

More!!

2 comments:

  1. The churches in the tiny villages along the way are spectacular, aren't they!? And that Moorish Fountain was a great surprise. We did walk down and put our feet in. It was dark and difficult to see inside because the sun was so bright outside..we were blinded. But it was very cool! GREAT pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I detect a hint of you thinking you would never arrive in Los Arcos? I felt that way. Beautiful countryside but I felt kinda lost and sad that day. I think I was dehydrated!

    ReplyDelete