Friday, May 27, 2011

** Burgos **

A city I love and  hate!

 This is the city that thru no fault of her own...held me captive for a day before releasing me to walk the rest of the way.  Maybe that was so I would intersect with some of the wonderful pilgrims I would later meet...who knows...But next time...I gonna reserve more time to inspect her properly, not thu the lens of a no money panic!


On the way to Burgos, after leaving Atapuerca.

Damn...machine was totally empty!  Wasn't for lack of trying either....
Spencer!!!
Our Bar owner...a delightful woman, who had her finger patched up by Rosalie...on the edge of the photo.  She was so thrilled that she brought out cakes for each of us, and then sent us on our way with a bag full of Nutella sandwiches...which we joyfully consumed sitting near the airport.  I know she thought we were great...we thought she was an angel!
Ok...this was way later than we wanted to be arriving!
I think I'd have to back up about a mile to get the whole thing in!
Ornamentation in every way shape and form






It was all I could do not to lay down on the floor to really enjoy this!  Somehow I think some folk would have had an issue with that!  Ahh well, used a bench to steady myself....next time, I'm laying down, hands folded and let 'em think it's a dead pilg!
The most exquisite ceiling!
But....for all the gold, all the tracery, all the jewels, she moved me more than anything else in the Cathedral.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I'm kind of glad you got stuck in Burgos because it allowed me to meet you. You were an angel on my path out of Burgos, giving me much needed water. Geneviève, your Buff twin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH good grief.... you will have me planning a tourist trek very soon to go back look at these places. I was simply too overwhelmed by this cathedral to look at it properly after weeks of mainly being in the countryside!

    ReplyDelete