Monday, May 23, 2011

** Mostly Viana **

Little toe....the first of many!  I didn't quite recognize the signs, but between and the first and second were warnings...storm clouds if you will! 
Just another of those moments that make those blisters nothing.  Nothing at all!
Now some towns, they wait to show you all the splendor and wonders.  This one especially so!
A right turn down this little street....
And this is it...the perfect resting spot for two new friends on the road.  We snagged nearly the last two beds in town just before a storm hit!  With a kitchen, and a washer!  That balcony is off the kitchen..that's my shirt drying!
This is San Pedro, or what is left of it.  It's actually a city "park" now.  It's also attached to the Alburgue, with it's triple tiered bunks, that we just so narrowly missed having!! :-)  God is good!!!
This is all that is left of San Pedro's glory days.
Not the first time I would do this, and sure as heck not the last!  There was a grille or gate, closing this all off.  SO, using the gifts the good Lord gave me (monkey arms) I simply held the camera as far thru as possible...and snapped happily away.
Fortuitous moment for a shot!
Stone lace everywhere.
This is for Kevin, who plays the organ for my choir at home!!  Purty ain't she!

Just a little closer!
Always, always...look UP!
Reliquaries...not sure of whom.

A favorite picture.  Especially as this was another I was told not to bother with!  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Great pix! Love the moon above Viana, and the last one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Viana too and was so glad I stopped there. it was Viana where I finally bought some earplugs- the pharmacy had a wonderful selection= spoiled for choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling of that toe! Pilgrim's Badges of honor!

    ReplyDelete