Wednesday, May 18, 2011

** Onwards towards Puente La Reina **




Pilgrims of every stripe!  It was pretty warm this day...and her jeans looked HOT!!
A beautiful fuente (fountain) for pilgrims!  And yes.  Yes I did stick my head under it as well as soak my hat! Pride...looks...who gives a crap when your sweating to death!
A fellow pilgrim.
He leadeth me beside cool waters!
The details here in Puenta la Reina were incredible. Just look at the details on the columns below!


One of the most unusual crosses I saw.
But there was beauty everywhere, even in the humblest oldest of things.
Tasted even better than it looked!  To hell with Pilger Menu!!

Silvie checking out our next days walk.
The Puente!!
Ciraque!  A jewel on the hill!
However, she is a shy beauty!  This is the other side of the hill.  The bridge in the foreground is also where Silvie and I found the Naked Pilgrims small day pack left on the wall of the bridge!

3 comments:

  1. I heard from the Pilgrim's Office that that fellow pilgrim (3rd photo) has still not arrived in Santiago. Rumours have it that he has ended his Camino in a Pilgrim's Menu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that old door- and it looks especially good with that light across it to bring it to life. Cirauqui was an absolute gem- but I don't think you had to negotiate mud to get there beside the vineyard like I did. What a trial!!! Too bad the poor fellow pilgrim hasn't reached Santiago, but I hope the rumours aren't true about his demise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you stop for the tapas!? They look YUMMY! And the fellow pilgrim.. well.. what can I say? Caracolas come in all sizes, huh? Pass the garlic please?

    ReplyDelete