Friday, May 13, 2011

**Now I lay me down to sleep!**

SJPP putting herself to bed.  You can almost feel the tremors of anxious pilgrims, trying to sleep!




Now I lay me down to sleep....
One last prayer.....

Bread thick with butter and jam.  Cafe latte (we are still in France after all!).




 Rita! At the arch we received a blessing and tearfully set out.  Onwards and upwards!

A pilgrim is grateful.  For clouds and fog, so the real heights can't be seen!

Traffic jam on the way up!

Smile!!  Yes that is sweat, pouring down my face!

Slowly the mountains reveal themselves!  Ahhhh....too late!

Oh no...tell me I didn't miss Orisson?

200 mts. ahead...thar she be!!  Just when I was starting to quietly panic!

Taken standing at the entrance to my tent!  All the fun of camping, none of the work! Cow bells to send you to sleep!

Dinner!  I would still be with many of these pilgrims in Santiago.  Wonderful companions for the road.

Just an idea of the incredible beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment