Sunday, May 22, 2011

You never know!

A quick comment here!  I´ve meet some wonderful folk along the way here.  Some I feel I´ve known for a bit, as I´ve followed their blogs or read and commented with them on the Pilgrim Forum. 

As Silvie and I staggered into Estella, heading straight for the Municipal Alburgue, we see a Korean couple we´ve been crossing paths with for days.  The make an x with their arms to let us know the place is full!  At this point Silvie´s leg is totally ready to give out, I´m really tired and just done in.  Silvie sat on the sidewalk steps for a minute as I looked around to figure out what direction to go in.  Around the corner comes and tiny woman, wearing a volunteer scarf around her neck.  She looks at us kindly and asks, at first in Spanish if she can help.  I keep looking at her (she had to wonder!) and finally ask her name.  Turns out it is Karen Hype who also has a Camino Blog I´ve been reading for around a year!  She and her lovely husband Dayton, found us room in the overflow room, above the parish hall.  The prayer of the day. a room of our own was answered!  We had the most wonderful evening and would highly recommend the Estella Municpal Alburque to one and all, especially the overflow space :-)

Within another two days I met two more ladies I´ve talked to on line, Renee from Nebraska, and Petra from South Africa!  Lovely ladies all who have helped make this Camino the trip of a life time.

Buen Camino mi Amigas!

2 comments:

  1. Karin - you have to send me Petra's blog details!! Hope you're taking loads of photograhs!

    Buen camino!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're ok.
    Sounds like the Camino is full of pilgrims.
    Are you having fun?

    ReplyDelete