Wednesday, June 8, 2011

** Astorga or a culturally poor day ! **

" Follow the yellow brick road!!! "

Ok Poppi, this one is for you, oh Harald Augustus Gunther Herman!!

This poor boy was trying SO hard to attract the attention of a female flying in the area...who went off to look for insects in a neighboring field!!  So sad and soo funny to watch.





Gaudi Museum, house...I don't know...it was closed, or as the hospitilero said.."It's Monday, a culturally poor day in Astora."  Sheesh!

Yeah this is about all I saw of the Cathedral....for the above mentioned reason!!  This really frosted me.  It's a church people....a CHURCH!!

My new bike store!  I used arm warmers instead of wearing a fleece, as I run rather hot most of the time when walking.  Till I lost'em, or someone else picked 'em up, in St. Martin del Camino.  Fortunately Astorga was awesome in this regard.  Three sporting good stores and three bike shops.  This guy was great!  So now they are a very special souviner to remember my trip...just waiting for cooler weather here at home...it's going to be 95F today !




Love the use of the logs as beams.





A little cramped!


Lest you think they never build any new churches in Spain!  Leaving on a chilly rainy morning



Spain, you break my heart all the time!
One of the jousters...from Hospital de Orbigo, heading home.  Apparently he'd ridden outta town in full regalia, and then here changed out...and went on his merry way!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Albergue in Astorga, had a really good time there... The hospitaleros could talk to me, and understand me...
    Mondays can be very frustrating. I missed the castle in Ponferada because of a Monday closure... Your photos brings instant memories and happiness, thanks! Ewald

    ReplyDelete