Saturday, June 4, 2011

** Fromista **

Or...how this could be called my capital affair...or crime...you pick!  And keep ya minds outta the gutta!  I know...these are columns.  My affair began in high school.  I had the most wonderful teacher, Ms. Shannon.  She allowed me to take her class, when I was supposed to have had lunch.  This meant I didn't get to eat during the day, as I left straight from school to go to work.  So, as we sat in the dark with a glowing screen filled with images of the most beautiful art in the world...there would come a crunch or a snap.  That was me, eating carrots and apples.  On occasion, God love her, she'd ask me to hold off on the next bite while she explained something!!  A wonder wonderful woman, to whom I owe so much joy.  Ms. Shannon, from Moorestown High School, this one is for you!  


Ok...so these aren't capitals or columns, they're corbels...and fantastic ones....every single one is different.




In this church each and every capital is different.

and beautiful in it's own way!

Some look to have had some repair work.

Some just take your breath away with their details

I'm telling you .... this church left me weak in the knees!

I need to go back...I didn't get them all...

One more for the road...



and then there are windows...and light...

Oh...and him too!  I need me a trip to Spain....Now!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, those arches, columns and corbels, Karin ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that church in Fromista too Karin- and Ms Shannon didn't even teach me. So I can see why you would be weak at the knees with all that knowledge!
    One thing I remember- the guy taking the entrance money just knew we were entitled to the pilgrim rate. Was it something about the way we were dressed?!

    ReplyDelete