Saturday, June 4, 2011

The best laid plans....oft go awry!

Well the original plan was to take a bus into the center of Leon.  Small problem, its Saturday.  The buses aren´t running so often.  As a result I wound up walking with Joseph from Berlin, and we got a little lost or rather off the track for a bit.  Right now I am in the Municipal Alburque and need to decide whether or not to push on to Virgen del Camino.  Another friend said there was a place reserved for her and I was welcome too it.  Gotta think about it as it is currently 1:00 and I´d need to make a connection to get there and then take the bus back to see the city.  Decisions decisions!  Again I need to remember if this is my biggest complaint on the journey...life ain´t really that tough.

This mornings walk was really not that hard or that far, barely 20k, but just not pretty.  It parrallels the highway and even with a bit of rerouting for saftey´s sake, it just ain´t nuthin to write home about.  Oh wait...that is exactly what I´m doing!  Ah well.

The Cathedral popped up around the corner as we crossed the second bridge over the highway (can NOT believe people used to do that stretch without those bridges!) and looks lovely, even from a distance.  It is strange suddenly being in the midst of a real city again.  It feels like I´m a real stranger, truly forgein.   I just feel so comfortable in the coutry now.  Here we become sort of a side show. 

2 comments:

  1. I really liked Leon - much preferred it to Burgos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin -- Glad to see you are still enjoying yourself. I have a huge huge favor to ask. Yesterday, Sat, I lost King. He took his last breath and left me. I am so heart broken and it's going to take me a long time to accept hat I did well by him and gave him the best I could offer. Would you say a prayer for him when you get to Santiago. It would mean a lot to me. He was my best friend. - Thanks -- Joe

    ReplyDelete