Wednesday, June 15, 2011

** Samos and such **

Triacastele....from a meadow above.
We had been warned, dire warnings of how ugly the road to Samos would be.  For a brief moment..we thought there might be something to it. But only briefly.
This is what most of the road there was like...and better!


And more...
These slate roofs fascinated me...especially the fishtail ridges.  Beautiful.


The kind of gnarly old tree that leads you to singing strange songs..or telling fantastical tales.
Ok...not every step was pure delight...but even this industrial tunnel..gave us a few moments of cool shade.  Samos is just up the rise and round the bend.

At last!
A very lovely and special place.
Nearly magical.
 Unicorns???
And then that bleak, dark morning when I set forth.  Alone again.  Everyone else stayed.  I felt about like this picture.

2 comments:

  1. I just loved this section of the Camino also, Karin, and I remember that house! I have great photos of it too! It reminded me of a beached whale! lol Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That section of the way from Triacastela to Samos (in fact from O'Cebreiro to Samos) is so beautiful it was one of my top five sections- thank you for bringing it back to mind so verdently.

    ReplyDelete