Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rabanal, Cruz de Ferro, Accebo!

Ok...three minutes left on my dime, so I am going for a trifecta!  Rabanal, with the Gregorian Chant etc was wonderful.  So was looking up at my Alburgue and seeing a woman walk up that I have chatted with for a few years, all online.   Sil from the Forum is acting as a facilitator for a group, mostly from South Africa.  It was quite the moment to get to meet her and talk for an hour or so!

Cruz de Ferro!  Could NOT have planned it but I walked up to Cruz de Ferro at exactly the moment that one year earlier...to the hour, I went into surgery to donate my kidney!  Amazing moment and a real personal high point!

Tonight I sleep in El Acebo.

3 comments:

  1. How amazing Karin!! You really are a special person - who knows, maybe we'll also meet in real life somewhere on the Camino! I've also been following Sil and her little group on their new website - please give her my love if you speak to her again! Like you, I have also just chatted to her online. How wonderful to finally meet all these people in real life! Enjoy the rest of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- how amazingly everything fitted together. I loved the Gregorian chant in Rabanal too. Fancy meeting up with Sil like that. Your time of arrival at the Cruz de Ferro is such an incredible coincidence- almost too meaningful to be a coincidence at all. Go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola,

    I was trying to map where you are and when you google Acebo it places you 100 miles south of Porto on the spanish side of the border. Obviously there is more than I Acebo or you are 300 miles off course. I assume you are near Ponferrada ?

    Ramon

    ReplyDelete