Friday, June 17, 2011

Melide!

Ok...in the Pulpo capital...and having a hard time deciding between stuffing my face with Pulpo or going to church in thanksgiving for everything!  If I try to write too much here, they´re gonna look at me funny, cause I´m gonna cry!

This trip has been so much more than I ever expected.  There are so many kind people.  So many beautiful sights.  I´m desperate to put my pics in here but at the moment, still haven´t mastered the art of getting them off my camera on a public computer. (Of which there are very few here in Melide!)

A quick note...we took the route from Triacastella to Samos as we´d heard it´s praises from many along the way.  It was an incredible piece of walking that I´m so happy we all got to share.  Funny thing was, there was another pilgrim....apparently Spanish, who did everything in his power to disuade us.  "It´s along the road, many trucks, not pretty etc"  Well the first two or so were exactly that.  And then it all changed!  I was quiet, green green green!  There was a lovely little river running thru it all, we found a place to soak the feet and just had a fabulous last day walking together!  Mike and Helena were planning to stay on in Samos, Robert was/is in a hurry to get to Santiago, to meet his girlfriend and so on the following morning, I pushed off into the darkness, alone.  It made for a rather lonely day, but I am in the groove of walking alone again and enjoying it completely.

Sarria, for my money..sucked.  I just didn´t care for the vibe and pushed thru in a hurry.  Turns out I wasn´t alone...most of us long timers feld the same.  However, I´ve met a few who were just starting and suddenly saw the excitement in their eyes, the raw newness of walking each day and it made me smile.  SJPdP seems a lifetime ago. That uncertainty...the touch of anxiety...the fear of blisters!  When I get more time...I will have to finish filling in some of the blanks...but right now I´m doing wonderfully well, and hoping to make around 30km tomorrow, with the hope of Sunday Mass in Santiago!  I think the current going rate for that distance, for me at least, will be two more new small blisters a price I´ve learned to pay easily and right now...gladly!

Family...I may try and delay my flight by a day...so don´´t freak...ok!  Just want a few more hours in the city after all this work to get there....and maybe a quick day trip to Finisterre to wave at everyone!! 

2 comments: