Sunday, June 26, 2011

Today is her day!

Today is my beautiful granddaughter Anna Karina's baptism.  Today is the day that made me hurry a little more than I might have liked, across the north of Spain.

My dearest and darling little one, I hope you will know how much I missed you!  Someday maybe you'll realize how many people know this is your day!  People in S. Africa, Germany, England, Ireland, France, Brasil, Italy...they all knew why I had this intense look some days, the look of someone with a goal.  A goal beyond just Santiago de Compostella!  So as I sit and write this with the sun coming up over my shoulder, I lift my cafe con leche to you my little one!

So Anna, and Clare Grace, my other beloved, still waiting in the wings....Omi is home!

Anna Karin Samulis (and her Omi!)

6 comments:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful day - worth rushing home for!! May your little Anna have a happy, blessed life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooyyyyyyeeeee, you left New Zealand off that list!!! Hope you all enjoy the day of celebration and thanks. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and thank you for your amazing blog. I have been reading it with great interest from the day one.
    I am heading for my Camino F in three days, and hope I will have as good one as you did.

    Virve, Finland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...Anon...wish you all the best....let us know how you make out!! Buen Camino!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May all good things come to Anna and her gran - and Oz was off the list too. Cheers Rose Louise

    ReplyDelete