Tuesday, June 14, 2011

** Very slowly thru the mountains! **



Strangely...I have relatively few photo's of O Cebriero... not entirely sure why.  Something seemed to talking louder to me than my need to "preserve" my memories.  Here are a few...this was also the place I nearly did in a tourist...who took a flash pic, as I stood facing Our Lady, with eyes closed rather lost in a prayer!  Thank you Lord I will never know who it actually was... or perhaps they should be thanking the Lord...I as armed (walking sticks!!) and dangerous!  Ahh well...
Just about the loveliest garden I have ever seen.  The road was so quiet here.

WILD STRAWBERRIES!

Oh...they were soooo good!

Good enough that two of us sat and cleared the patch!! As other pilgrims would pass, we'd give them handfuls!
The freshest chicken I've ever seen...

Caves for elves and trolls!

Cabins for Goldilocks.
Enchanted glades!

Ya gotta read this...The English is a scream!

Wild cherries!!


Ok...the asthma was really starting to kick in...Thank God for friends who will hang out with you...anywhere...even the side of the road with a guard rail for putting up of feet!  Thanks Mike!

Weary little yellow feet heading up to La Faba!

So steep...and then around the corner comes...Helena!!!

Can you see the face in the hill side here?

Ahh...if I could have put my feet in!!

The birds were always perching on the ends of tall grasses...


A fairy sprite I met along the way....Helena!!

Wobert!!  This is a terrible pic...sorry kid, but he actually asked for the flowers...so I made him a crown too!

One of the "traditional" buildings.  We wound up staying in one at Fonfria.

The ceiling!

One of the most comfy beds in an otherwise dismal Alburgue!  We had fun, because we made it fun!
On the way to Fonfria...the most beautiful rooster I've ever seen.  Hope he doesn't wind up in the pot like those others!

2 comments:

  1. Such great pix, and so many wonderful memories for you, Karin! Brought back many memories to me, for sure - although I was at O'Cebreiro at a completely different time of year - November, it must have been. Mist, sunshine, and cold, cold nights! But still equally beautiful. No wild cherries or strawberries though. Never mind, we had a big supply of walnuts ..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I arrived at the corner on the trail to La Faba I ran into the Japanese television crew and their starlet. They waved me on, wished me a Buen Camino, and, I think, promptly filmed my butt as I climbed the trail.

    ReplyDelete